Nominate a Laureate
Nominations for the 2023 Laureate are now closed. Our 2023 Laureate selected will be announced on or before June 1, 2023.
Nominate a Laureate
Nominees for the Loudoun Laurels Laureate must meet the high standards of the Loudoun Laurels, which include selflessness, integrity, creativity, wisdom, and courage.
The Loudoun Laurels Board of Directors established the following nomination criteria for a Loudoun Laurels Laureate. A nominee must:
- meet the standards for Loudoun Laurels Laureates set forth above
- have served the Loudoun Community for a substantial number of years
- serve organizations and other groups in Loudoun County in a leadership capacity or in a capacity in which the individual makes a major contribution to the work of the organization or group
- volunteer time and talents in a manner that benefits Loudoun County
- enrich the broader Loudoun County community
- a nominee’s vocational service will be considered among the individual’s attributes
The Loudoun Laurels are seeking nominations from the Loudoun County community for its 2023 Laureate. Please submit the form below, or complete this PDF form and email to email@example.com. Nominee submissions must include the following information:
- Number of years of service to the Loudoun County community
- List of groups and organizations served by the nominee and the capacity in which the nominee served the organization or group
- Description of volunteer service
- Description of vocational service
- Description of the manner in which the nominee has served the broader Loudoun County community
Nominations for the 2023 Laureate are now closed.
Loudoun Laurels Laureate Selection Process
- The Loudoun Laurels Board of Directors will email a list of the nominees with the supporting information submitted with their nomination to all members of the Loudoun Laurels Advisory Committee (the Advisory Committee). This information is to be held in strict confidence.
- Advisory Committee members will meet on a select date, in-person or virtually, and discuss each nomination. In the unfortunate, and hopefully rare circumstance when Advisory Committee members are unable to attend the selection meeting in-person or virtually, they can share their votes prior to the meeting to the Board designated representative or can share via proxy to another Advisory Committee member present.
- After a discussion, each Advisory Committee member will cast two votes for nominees on the list, in subsequent rounds of voting, until a final Laureate selection is made.
- The Board of Directors will notify the Advisory Committee members of the name of the current year Loudoun Laureate and invite the individual to accept the nomination. If declined, the next high scoring nominee is selected and informed.
- Once a nominee has accepted the honor, the Board of Directors will publish a press release announcing the Loudoun Laurels Laureate.
Please submit your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.